The Scottish Parliament is usually open to visitors Monday to Saturday.
The exception is February recess and the Christmas period when the building will be closed to the public. The exact dates will be posted on this page nearer the time. If you are planning to visit at this time it is advisable to contact us to check the dates.
The building will be closed to the public during February recess.
Monday, Friday, Saturday and on Public Holidays
10.00 to 5.00 (last entry 4.30)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
09.00 to 6.30 (last entry 6.00)
When Parliament is in recess (excluding February recess and the Christmas period when the building will be closed to the public) the building will be open 10.00 to 5.00 (last entry 4.30) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Recess dates are below.
Recess Dates as agreed by the Parliament are as follows:
- 7 February – 15 February 2015
- 4 April – 19 April 2015
- 27 June – 30 August 2015
- 10 October – 25 October 2015
- 19 December 2015 – 4 January 2016
(All dates are inclusive)
- No booking is necessary to visit the building, however you should adhere to the Parliament's Code of Conduct
- Open Monday to Saturday
- Free entry
- Visit all the public areas without a guided tour
- Visit the public gallery of the Debating Chamber
- Shop, café and exhibition
- Guided tour booking not necessary to visit the public areas. If you do wish to join a guided tour it is advisable to book in advance. The guided tour pages have further information.
- To book tickets for Parliamentary business, there is further information on the Parliament Debates and Committee Meetings pages
Alterations to Opening Hours
Opening hours, guided tours, availability of exhibitions and access to certain parts of the building may be altered at short notice due to Parliamentary business.