The Scottish Parliament is usually open to visitors Monday to Saturday.
The exceptions are the Christmas period and February recess when the building will be closed to the public.
In 2016 February recess will take place between Sunday 14th and Sunday 21st February (inclusive) and during this period the Scottish Parliament building will be closed to the public.
Monday, Friday, Saturday and on Public Holidays
10.00 to 5.00 (last entry 4.30)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
09.00 to 6.30 (last entry 6.00)
When Parliament is in recess (excluding February recess and the Christmas period when the building will be closed to the public) the building will be open 10.00 to 5.00 (last entry 4.30) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Recess dates are below.
Recess Dates as agreed by the Parliament are as follows:
- 19 December 2015 – 4 January 2016
- 13 February - 21 February 2016
(All dates are inclusive)
The current five-year session of Parliament will end at midnight on Wednesday 23 March 2016 and dissolution will begin immediately thereafter on Thursday 24 March 2016, with the election taking place on Thursday 5 May 2016.
- No booking is necessary to visit the building, however you should adhere to the Parliament's Code of Conduct
- Open Monday to Saturday
- Free entry
- Visit all the public areas without a guided tour
- Visit the public gallery of the Debating Chamber
- Shop, café and exhibition
- Guided tour booking not necessary to visit the public areas. If you do wish to join a guided tour it is advisable to book in advance. The guided tour pages have further information.
- To book tickets for Parliamentary business, there is further information on the Parliament Debates and Committee Meetings pages
Alterations to Opening Hours
Opening hours, guided tours, availability of exhibitions and access to certain parts of the building may be altered at short notice due to Parliamentary business.