The Committee has launched an inquiry into support for community sport.
The Committee welcomes evidence from individuals as well as from organisations and professional bodies. All responses will be made available to the Committee.
What information is the Committee looking for?
Please address the following questions in your submission:
1. What is being done to support volunteers in community sport?
2. What are the barriers facing volunteers?
3. What examples are there of good practice to encourage and maintain volunteers in community sport?
4. How can the contribution of local sports clubs be quantified for: (i) the preventative health agenda and (ii) communities?
5. What role does, or should, Community Sports Hubs play in encouraging sport in local communities?
6. Given reducing public expenditure, what examples of innovative joint working between clubs and public bodies exist to make the most out of funding?
7. What are the three most important issues regarding sporting facilities at a local level?
How to submit your evidence
Before making a submission, please read our Policy on Treatment of Written Evidence by Subject and Mandatory Committees.
Please send your views on the Bill by no later than Friday 17 August 2012.
Responses should be sent, wherever possible, electronically and in MS Word format to:
Hard copy responses may be sent to:
Health and Sport Committee, T3.60, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh EH99 1SP
Responses should be no more than four sides of A4 in length.
All written evidence received may be published by the Parliament and will be treated as a public document. If you wish to submit evidence in confidence or anonymously please read the policy at the link above.
What happens next?
The Committee will be taking oral evidence after the summer recess from the likes of the national bodies for sport, grass roots organisations, and the Scottish Government. The selection of witnesses, particularly the grass roots organisations, will be informed by the written evidence received.
The Committee will also be out and about around the country to visit a number of community sports hubs to further help inform its work.
Should you require alternative formats of this information or further assistance in making a written submission to the Committee, please do not hesitate to contact the clerking team of the Committee.
For Committee information, contact: Rodger Evans, tel 0131 348 5247, email: email@example.com
For further information, the media contact is: Kirsty Rimmer, tel 0131 348 6085 email: firstname.lastname@example.org