About The Committee
The Public Petitions Committee considers public petitions addressed to the Parliament. The Committee meets fortnightly on Tuesday mornings when the Parliament is sitting. Meetings are open to the public and tickets for the public gallery can be booked up to 7 days in advance from Visitor Services.
The agenda and meeting papers are published on this page, normally on the Thursday afternoon before a Tuesday Committee meeting.
For more details about all petitions under consideration or how to create one, please visit the Public Petitions website.
Most recent new petitions considered by the Committee
Meeting of 10 November 2015
- PE1576 by Owain Martin on blue badges for children with Autism and Down's Syndrome;
- PE1580 by Sheila Duffy, on behalf of ASH Scotland, on guidance for Parliament staff on international health treaty standards.
Meeting of 27 October 2015
- PE1573 by Jordan Daly, on behalf of T.I.E. - Time for Inclusive Education, on statutory teaching of LGBTI+ issues;
- PE1574 by Freda Birrell, on behalf of the UK Association of HPV Vaccine Injured Daughters (AHVID), on HPV vaccine safety;
- PE1577 by Rachael Wallace on adult cerebral palsy services.
Meeting of 22 September 2015
- PE1570 by Alan Lee on parental rights to child contact;
- PE1571 by John Beattie on food bank funding;
- PE1572 by Parveen Haq on occupational disclosure in trials and sentencing.
Meeting of 7 September 2015
- PE1569 by George McKenzie on re-introduction of the Scottish Red Ensign.
19th Public Petitions Committee Meeting 2015
Date: 19th Meeting, Tuesday 24 November 2015
Location: the David Livingstone Room (CR6)
Decision on taking business in private
Review of the public petitions process
The Official Report of this meeting is due for publication by 6 pm on Monday 30 November 2015.
20th Public Petitions Committee Meeting 2015
Date: 20th Meeting, Tuesday 01 December 2015
Location: the Sir Alexander Fleming Room (CR3)
The next meeting of the Public Petitions Committee is on Tuesday 1 December 2015 at 10.00 am in the Sir Alexander Fleming Room (CR3).
The agenda and papers will be available here from the afternoon of Thursday 26 November 2015.
Read the latest report from the Public Petitions Committee
1st Report, 2015 (Session 4): Annual Report 2014-2015