About The Committee
The Public Petitions Committee considers public petitions addressed to the Parliament. The Committee meets fortnightly on Tuesday mornings when the Parliament is sitting. Meetings are open to the public and tickets for the public gallery can be booked up to 7 days in advance from Visitor Services.
The agenda and meeting papers are published on this page, normally on the Thursday afternoon before a Tuesday Committee meeting.
For more details about all petitions under consideration or how to create one, please visit the Public Petitions website.
Most recent new petitions considered by the Committee
Meeting of 26 January 2016
- PE1595 by Alexander Taylor on a moratorium on shared space schemes;
- PE1596 by Paul Anderson, James McDermott and Chris Daly on the In Care Survivors Service Scotland;
- PE1597 by Bill Welsh on Mycoplasma Fermentans in regressive autism;
- PE1599 by Richard Morris on adult consensual incest (ACI).
Meeting of 12 January 2016
- PE1592 by Shaheen McQuade on Group B Strep information and testing;
- PE1593 by Paul Quigley, on behalf of Fans Against Criminalisation, on a full review of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012;
- PE1594 by Richard Burton, on behalf of Accountability Scotland, on specification of 'lying' as an example of public maladministration.
Meeting of 15 December 2015
- PE1583 by Lisa Willis on primary school playground supervision;
- PE1585 by Isabel Lennox, on behalf of Flag Up Scotland Jamaica, on Scottish Jamaican relations;
- PE1586 by James A Mackie, on behalf of Innes Community Council, on statutory control measures for invasive non-native species;
- PE1587 by Arthur McFarlane on the Scottish Civic Forum;
- PE1588 by Daisy Harris on scanning all pets found on Scottish roads;
- PE1590 by Nick Pahl, on behalf of the British Acupuncture Council, on licences for acupuncturists;
- PE1591 by Catriona MacDonald, on behalf of SOS-NHS, on major redesign of healthcare services in Skye, Lochalsh and South West Ross.
3rd Public Petitions Committee Meeting 2016
Date: 3rd Meeting, Tuesday 09 February 2016
Location: the Mary Fairfax Somerville Room (CR2)
Decision on taking business in private
Read the latest report from the Public Petitions Committee
1st Report, 2015 (Session 4): Annual Report 2014-2015
2nd Report, 2015 (Session 4): Review of the Petitions Process