About The Committee
The Public Petitions Committee considers public petitions addressed to the Parliament. The Committee meets fortnightly on Tuesday mornings when the Parliament is sitting. Meetings are open to the public and tickets for the public gallery can be booked up to 7 days in advance from Visitor Services.
The agenda and meeting papers are published on this page, normally on the Thursday afternoon before a Tuesday Committee meeting.
For more details about all petitions under consideration or how to create one, please visit the Public Petitions website.
Most recent new petitions considered by the Committee
Meeting of 22 September 2015
- PE1570 by Alan Lee on parental rights to child contact;
- PE1571 by John Beattie on food bank funding;
- PE1572 by Parveen Haq on occupational disclosure in trials and sentencing.
Meeting of 7 September 2015
- PE1569 by George McKenzie on re-introduction of the Scottish Red Ensign.
Meeting of 23 June 2015
- PE1566 by Mary Hemphill and Ian Reid on a national service delivery model for warfarin patients.
Meeting of 9 June 2015
- PE1565 by James Dougall on whole of life sentences for violent re-offenders;
- PE1568 by Catherine Hughes on funding, access and promotion of the NHS Centre for Integrative Care.
16th Public Petitions Committee Meeting 2015
Date: 16th Meeting, Tuesday 06 October 2015
Location: the Robert Burns Room (CR1)
Decision on taking business in private
The Official Report of this meeting is due for publication by 6 pm on Wednesday 14 October 2015.
Read the latest report from the Public Petitions Committee
1st Report, 2015 (Session 4): Annual Report 2014-2015