About The Committee
The Public Petitions Committee considers public petitions addressed to the Parliament. The Committee meets fortnightly on Tuesday mornings when the Parliament is sitting. Meetings are open to the public and tickets for the public gallery can be booked up to 7 days in advance from Visitor Services.
The agenda and meeting papers are published on this page, normally on the Thursday afternoon before a Tuesday Committee meeting.
For more details about all petitions under consideration or how to create one, please visit the Public Petitions website.
Most recent new petitions considered by the Committee
Meeting of 23 June 2015
- PE1566 by Mary Hemphill and Ian Reid on a national service delivery model for warfarin patients.
Meeting of 9 June 2015
- PE1565 by James Dougall on whole of life sentences for violent re-offenders;
- PE1568 by Catherine Hughes on funding, access and promotion of the NHS Centre for Integrative Care.
Meeting of 26 May 2015
- PE1563 by Doreen Goldie, on behalf of Avonbridge and Standburn Community Council, on sewage sludge spreading;
- PE1564 by James Treasurer, on behalf of the Friends of the Great Glen on saving Loch Ness and the Great Glen.
Meeting of 12 May 2015
- PE1560 by John Buston on local authority planning appeals procedure;
- PE1561 by Karen Gray on pet rabbit welfare.
14th Public Petitions Committee Meeting 2015
Date: 14th Meeting, Monday 07 September 2015
The next Public Petitions Committee meeting is on Monday 7 September 2015.
Details of the meeting, including the agenda and papers, will be available here in due course.
Read the latest report from the Public Petitions Committee
1st Report, 2015 (Session 4): Annual Report 2014-2015