About The Committee
Welcome to the Local Government and Regeneration Committee webpage.
- The role of the Committee is to examine issues which fall within its remit. This includes scrutiny of Scottish Government policy, expenditure and administration in the area of local government, planning and regeneration across Scotland.
- The Committee meetings are generally open to the public and convened weekly on Wednesday mornings. The agenda and public papers are made available on our Current Business section. To book tickets contact the Parliament’s Visitor Services Department.
Please see the attached document for information on the Committees scheduled timetable for the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Bill. Dates are subject to change.
Please see the attached document for information on the Committees scheduled timetable for the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill. Dates are subject to change.
20th Local Government and Regeneration Committee Meeting 2014
Date: 20th Meeting, Wednesday 25 June 2014
Location: Adam Smith Room, Committee Room 5
1. Two pieces of Subordinate Legislation
2. Community Empowerment (Scotland) Bill
3. Work Programme
4. Flexibility and Autonomy of Local Government
Official Report of Meeting 25 June 2014 (250KB pdf)
Read the latest report from the Local Government and Regeneration Committee
8th Report, 2014 (Session 4): Flexibility and Autonomy in Local Government