About The Committee
Welcome to the Local Government and Regeneration Committee webpage.
- The role of the Committee is to examine issues which fall within its remit. This includes scrutiny of Scottish Government policy, expenditure and administration in the area of local government, planning and regeneration across Scotland.
- The Committee meetings are generally open to the public and convened weekly on Wednesday mornings. The agenda and public papers are made available on our Current Business section. To book tickets contact the Parliament’s Visitor Services Department.
Please see the attached document for information on the Committees scheduled timetable for the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Bill. Dates are subject to change.
Please see the attached document for information on the Committees scheduled timetable for the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Bill. Dates are subject to change.
22nd Local Government and Regeneration Committee Meeting 2014
Date: 22nd Meeting, Wednesday 20 August 2014
Location: David Livingstone Room (Committee Room 6)
1. Decision on taking business in Private
2. Local Government Benchmarking Framework
3. Public Petitions PE1469
4. Consideration of Local Government Benchmarking Framework evidence.
5. Draft Budget Scrutiny 2015-16 (in private).
6. Community Empowerment (Scotland) Bill (in private)
Agenda and Meeting Papers
The Official Report of this meeting is due for publication by 6 pm on Friday 22 August 2014.
Read the latest report from the Local Government and Regeneration Committee
8th Report, 2014 (Session 4): Flexibility and Autonomy in Local Government
Follow the Committees Twitter feed