Purpose of the group
- to ensure liaison between MSPs and organisations working in Scotland on international aid and development issues.
- to raise awareness in Scotland of these issues and to provide a Scottish forum for discussion.
- to promote stronger links between Scotland and international aid and development agencies.
- to promote development education in Scotland.
- to provide a forum for engagement with southern countries and those in economic transition on debt relief and the causes and consequences of poverty
- to support Scottish organisations working in international aid and development programmes
- to facilitate regular visits to Scotland by representatives of the international humanitarian agencies
- to engage with minority residents in Scotland and to encourage their involvement in the work of the group.
24 March 2015 at 5.30pm in the Adam Smith Room (CR5).
16 June 2015 (including AGM) at 5.30pm in the Adam Smith Room (CR5).
Next meeting: 20 January 2015
This meeting will be held at 5.30pm in the Adam Smith Room (CR5).
For further information on my work as Convenor of the CPG on International Development such as responses received to representations I've made following CPG meetings, please visit:
Non MSP Individuals
J.K. Robert England
Abiodun Anthony Olowoyeye
Dr Callum Henderson
Jim R Copland
Rt. Rev Brian Smith
Agnes Ngulube – Holmes
The Salvation Army
University of Edinburgh
Scotland Malawi Partnership
The Leprosy Mission Scotland
The Vine Trust
Institute for Energy Systems
One World Development
The Supoy chomphoo phuen foundation
World Development Movement
Sight Aid International
The Commandery of St. Clair, No. S1, Scotland - The Knights Templar in Scotland (Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani)
Plan Vivo Foundation
Justice and Peace Scotland
Palcrafts / Hadeel
Association of Teachers and Lecturers (Scotland)
Church of Scotland World Mission Council
Institute for International Health and Development (Queen Margaret University)
Centre for the Study of Religion (CSRP), University of St. Andrews
Centre for Sustainable International Development (University of Aberdeen)
Scottish Youth Parliament
Scottish Education and Action for Development
University of Strathclyde