Purpose of the group
- to ensure liaison between MSPs and organisations working in Scotland on international aid and development issues.
- to raise awareness in Scotland of these issues and to provide a Scottish forum for discussion.
- to promote stronger links between Scotland and international aid and development agencies.
- to promote development education in Scotland.
- to provide a forum for engagement with southern countries and those in economic transition on debt relief and the causes and consequences of poverty
- to support Scottish organisations working in international aid and development programmes
- to facilitate regular visits to Scotland by representatives of the international humanitarian agencies
- to engage with minority residents in Scotland and to encourage their involvement in the work of the group.
Next meeting: 18 June 2013
This meeting, including AGM, will be held at 5.30pm in Committee Room 4.
For further information on my work as Convenor of the CPG on International Development such as responses received to representations I've made following CPG meetings, please visit:
Non MSP Individuals
J.K. Robert England
Abiodun Anthony Olowoyeye
Dr Callum Henderson (Incoming Hon Consul for Rwanda)
The Salvation Army
University of Edinburgh
Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
Scotland Malawi Partnership
The Leprosy Mission Scotland
The Vine Trust
Institute of Aquaculture
Institute for energy Systems
One World Development
International Play Association
The Supoy chomphoo phuen foundation
World development movement
Sight Aid International
The Commandery of St. Clair , No. S1, Scotland - The Knights Templar in Scotland (Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani)
Plan Vivo Foundation