Purpose of the group
1. Seek to raise the awareness of ongoing issues affecting patients with Arthritis or Musculoskeletal Conditions, and those that arise in the course of treatment provided by health care practitioners. Ongoing issues are likely to include access to services, conditions affecting children, pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, and relevant guidelines and surrounding issues such as non-compliance or an identified lack of guideline.
2. It will aim to identify barriers to change and the measures required to overcome those.
3. Liaise with appropriate agencies, academics and parliamentarians to consider and agree appropriate measures with a view to improvement of provision of health care.
4. Influence policy decisions of the Scottish Government, local authorities and other appropriate agencies to ensure that adequate levels of resources are deployed to address chief issues.
5. Liaise with representatives from NHS Health Boards and other organisations as appropriate such as Arthritis Musculoskeletal Alliance, Scottish Network for Arthritis in Children, amongst others, with regards to current relevant research.
6. Develop links with appropriate officials within UK Government on an as and when required basis.
Next meeting: 25 November 2015
This meeting will be held at 5.30pm in the Adam Smith Room (CR5).
Non MSP Individuals
Sheila MacLeod - secretary
Arthritis Care Scotland
Brittish Society for Rheumatology
Brittle Bone Society
Community Pharmacy Scotland
Fibromyalgia Friends Scotland
Framework for Adult Rehabilitation
Merck Sharp & Dohme
Moray Health and Social Care Partnership
National Ankylospodylitis Society
National Osteoporosis Society
National Rheumatology Arthritis Society
NHS Ayrshire and Arran
NHS Forth Valley
NHS Greater Clyde and Glasgow
Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis Scotland
Psoriasis Scotland Arthritis Link Volunteers
Royal College of Nursing
Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation
Scottish Network for Arthritis in Children
Scottish Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology Network
Scottish Rheumatology Society
UBC Pharma Ltd