First Minister's Question Time takes place on Thursdays from 12:00 to 12:30 when Parliament is in session. During this time the First Minister answers questions from opposition party leaders as well as other MSPs. It is the most popular session of Parliament and demand for tickets is extremely high.
How to book tickets for
First Minister's Question Time
- Tickets for individuals (1 to 9 people) can be booked 7 days in advance of the session you wish to attend. There is an allocation of 28 tickets for individual bookings.
- Tickets can be booked only by telephone and tickets are normally fully booked within 10 minutes of our booking line opening at 9.00am.
- We advise you to call as close to 9.00am as possible and not to hang up; calls are placed in a queue.
- Tickets can only be booked by telephone on
0131 348 5200 or freephone 0800 092 7600.
Textphone users can use
0800 092 7100.
Group bookings: 10 to 15 people
- Group bookings can be made in advance according to the booking periods contained in the box on the right. There is an allocation of 30 tickets for group bookings.
- The maximum number of tickets per booking is 15. If your group is larger than 15 you may be able to take turns to use the tickets.
- You can book by email or 0131 348 5200 or freephone 0800 092 7600. Textphone users can use
0800 092 7100.
Subject to availability, we can offer visitors a seat in a Committee Room to watch the live broadcast of First Minister’s Question Time on a wide screen television.
- Tickets for this room are allocated from 9.00am at the Visitor Information Desk on a first come basis.
- Visitors are seated in the room at 11.40am and if any returned Chamber tickets become available, these are issued to visitors in number order.
Booking tickets through your MSP
Tickets are also available for constituents to request from their MSP. You can use your postcode to find out who your MSPs are (constituency and regional MSPs) and how to contact them.
Booking periods for public gallery tickets and guided tours open as follows:
For the period December to February bookings open on the first Tuesday in September
For the period March to May bookings open on the first Tuesday in December
For the period June to August bookings open on the first Tuesday in March
For the period September to November bookings open on the first Tuesday in June