The Parliament exists to identify and debate issues of importance to the people of Scotland and to legislate. In doing so, it holds the Scottish Executive to account and is answerable to the people of Scotland.
Our purpose as the Staff Organisation is to support the Scottish Parliament in fulfilling its constitutional role as a representative and legislative body:
- by providing professional advice, accommodation, working environment and support services of the highest standards; and
- by facilitating engagement with people and organisations across Scotland.
- Integrity: We demonstrate high standards of honesty and reliability.
- Impartiality: We are fair and even-handed in dealing with Members, the public and one another.
- Professionalism: We provide high quality professional advice and support services.
- Equality: We work together to embed principles of equality and diversity and promote a culture of openness and fairness in everything we do.