In order to ensure that SPCB staff are responsive to the evolving needs of Members and public expectations we will be properly trained, informed, involved, motivated and rewarded. To help us achieve this we have a Performance Management system that has been designed to:
- Be simple to operate.
- Establish a clear link between business and individual objectives.
- Ensure commitment to our values and culture.
- Ensure that core skills and behaviours are reviewed.
- Generate a thorough and continuing review of Learning and Capability Development needs.
- Enable us to continuously improve the organisation’s performance.
- Ensure we can identify and acknowledge exceptional performance and contribution.
- Clearly identify unacceptable performance and address it appropriately when necessary.
In accordance with the Equality Framework, SPCB staff will not discriminate in the application of these procedures in respect of age, disability, gender, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, trade union membership or lack thereof. Reasonable adjustments will be put in place, as appropriate, to support staff with a disability.
Comprehensive guidance on the Performance Management System along with the Appraisal Form itself can be found here.
An Introduction to the SPCB's Performance Management System
A brief description of the purpose and benefits of the SPCB's Performance Management System
An explanation of what is meant by "Job Role and "Objectives" and their purpose.
Objectives Relating to Equalities
Objectives Relating to Health & Safety
Objectives Relating to Environmental Objectives
Professional Development Plan (PDP)
The Performance Management Process
Frequently Asked Questions on the Performance Management System
Appraisal Form Guidance Notes
Appraisal Forms for the reporting years 2012/13 and 2013/14